5 Steps to Practicing Dentistry Pain-free
Evidence-based Ergonomic & Wellness Strategies for Career LongevityDid you know that one-third of dentists who retire early are forced to, due to a musculoskeletal disorder? Untreated pain can result in physical & financial disaster! Now, more than ever, during the COVID-19 pandemic, mental stress can add to physical demands in the operatory, resulting in pain. However, due to the multi-factorial nature of work-related pain in dentistry, rarely does a single intervention (i.e. new loupes, strength training) permanently resolve chronic pain issues. Research reveals 5 key areas that are essential to effectively resolving work-related pain in dentistry. The sequence in which these are implemented is also integral to successfully resolving pain. This dynamic, interactive webinar introduces ground-breaking education that can help rejuvenate your love of doing dentistry and transform your life! Participants will learn:
- The etiologies of work-related pain in dentistry.
- The single most important dental ergonomic intervention to prevent neck pain.
- A technique that down-regulates stress, corrects posture, and helps prevent neck, low back and sacro-iliac pain.
- How to identify trigger points and the mechanisms by which they develop.
- A painful muscle imbalance pattern to which dental professionals are uniquely prone.
- The best type of exercise to prevent pain in dentistry.
Watch the webinar